Thursday, April 16, 2015

An Introduction of Sorts!

Well, my oh my, how I loooove baking!

(I hope you read that in a Southern Belle accent because that's how I typed it out).

I've loved baking, both the process and the end results, for as long as I can remember. Smelling different types of cookies or breads or cakes or pies or ....

.... *drools* ....

.... Ahem ....

Smelling anything baked always triggers come memory in my jumbled up brain, and it's typically one of the many happy memories I have with my family or friends. The endless possibilities of flour-filled, buttery delights remind me of the bonds and connections that have been created between my loved ones and me. I'm reminded of how certain people in my life have been brought together, some of which may have never have met before, all because of a shared plate of cinnamon rolls! And it fills me with such a warm, fuzzy feeling.

(It's like I'm a human cinnamon roll, really).

I have so many fond memories of enjoying a slice of cake with my friends at their birthday parties. And of making cookies with my family around the holidays. My memories surrounding baking are truly endless and I wouldn't have it any other way!

(And if I did, well, I wouldn't know anyway because that's all I would be accustomed to in my alternate universe life ... And now I'm way off track. Moving on)!

Baking gives me a chance to unleash my creativity in an area that I'm comfortable in pursuing. Hmm, that's not quite the wording I was going for.

Let's try that again: Baking allows me to be creative in an inviting atmosphere.

That's a little better. I'll stick with that for now. Anyway, I've never been a painter or a drawer or much of a musician or writer (this blog can attest to that last one! =P), so baking, for me, is one of the main areas where I feel good about the work I produce. I'm able to think of something I want to make, throw some ingredients in a bowl, mix it up, bake it, and enjoy! Sure, it doesn't always work out, but if I make some changes for the next go around, I get closer to finding the perfect combination. Or I end up striking gold and finding it on the second try!

These discoveries always elicit my happy dance around the kitchen. I'll spare your eyes this time around. I make no guarantees for future posts! [Insert evil laugh here].  

I'm pretty sure I'd ooze flour, sugar, and butter if you cut me open to find out what makes up my being. Baking is so much a part of my life, I can't imagine my life without it. I know that I never went to culinary school, so I have no formal training, but I've been enjoying the learning process here at home. I don't know much, and I'm by no means an expert (nope, not even close!), but that doesn't make me any less of a baker. And I hope that my passion for baking, rather than my lack of experience, comes across in my finished products! My heart swells with such joy whenever someone takes a bite out of one of my cookies or a slice of my banana bread and they tell me it's the best [insert baked good here] they've ever had. (I don't toot my own horn very often, but I think it's about time that I did)! Besides, I love sharing things with others in general! I've always been so much happier giving rather than receiving.

Baking also allows me to make all of my daily stresses fall to the wayside. I often zone out in the middle of the baking process and it's such a freeing feeling. (Don't worry. It's never during any dangerous bits, like using the oven. I promise). I also blast my favorite music while I'm baking, so it gives me a chance to jam out and dance around like the crazy fool I know I am deep down in my soul.
And I also burn off calories I'm bound to consume later, right?

Right?! ...

Right. I'll just be swimming in da Nile over there ... Oh, I'm so punny. Someone help me.

And, really, baking is just plain fun! And I'm hoping that with this blog (and my eventual business!) I can push myself to add more baking fun into my life. From now on, no more Netflix binges for me after work! I'm going to attempt to be a little more productive with my time. =)

So, please, leave some comments below with any suggestions for future blog posts or baking endeavors! I'd really appreciate it.

And if you've made it all the way through my ramblings, thank you so much for reading!!

Bake on with your bad selves!

- Jackie

6 comments:

  1. I think Captain America shield cookies would be absolutely adorable :D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazeballs! That'd be great to sneak into the next Avengers movie!

      Delete
  2. This is great! I'm excited to follow along! I'm not much of a baker myself so I don't really have any suggestions off the top of my head but, I will chime in if I do! Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete